Spotify Wrapped is back, offering a deep dive into our music preferences and giving us a glimpse into who we are as music lovers.
This year’s Spotify Wrapped provides a comprehensive breakdown of top artists, albums, songs, and podcasts, offering users data-driven insights into their listening habits.
From favorite genres to the geographical locations of like-minded fans, the Wrapped experience offers a wealth of information.
Global Listening Trends and Top Artists
Spotify shared that a staggering 574 million people globally tuned in on its platform this year. Taylor Swift emerged as the top global artist with over 26.1 billion streams, followed by Bad Bunny, The Weeknd, Drake, and Peso Pluma in the Top 5.
Ensure your Spotify app is updated to the latest version. Access your Wrapped experience via the Spotify app on iOS and Android by navigating to the home screen (click the house icon on the bottom left bar). Alternatively, this year, users can also explore Wrapped via the mobile web view on the desktop by visiting Spotify.com/Wrapped.
Spotify Wrapped 2023: Most Streamed Songs & Artists in Ghana
Ghana’s music scene has transformed into a dynamic and diverse hub of creativity, contributing to a global dialogue where cultural boundaries fade and artistic exchange thrives.
Vodafone Ghana Music Awards’ Artist of the Year, Black Sherif, claims the title of Ghana’s most streamed artist, surpassing renowned figures like Sarkodie and Stonebwoy. His album, “The Villain I Never Was,” leads as the most streamed album, reflecting his dedication to authenticity and emotion across 14 impactful tracks.
King Promise’s “Terminator” secures the coveted spot as the most streamed Ghanaian song, closely followed by Black Sherif’s “Konongo Zongo” and “Oil in my Head,” showcasing the nation’s affection for homegrown sounds. Asake tops the list of streamed artists in Ghana, with Burna Boy and Black Sherif following suit, capturing the essence of Ghana’s musical hospitality.
Ayra Starr emerges as the most streamed female artist in Ghana, accompanied by global sensations like Rihanna, SZA, and the Grammy-nominated Tems, resonating deeply with Ghanaian audiences.
Steps to Access Your Wrapped Experience
- Open your updated Spotify app where a banner will prompt you.
- Click on ‘Your Wrapped is Here’ to access your Wrapped section.
- Navigate through different panels showcasing stats, pie charts, average time, and more, providing highlights of your music year.
Spotify launched Wrapped 2023 on Nov. 29, a day earlier than the previous year. The listening coverage spans from Jan. 1 through “a few weeks before launch.” In prior years, data collection ceased on Oct. 31 to compile the Wrapped report.
What’s New in Spotify Wrapped 2023?
This year introduces novel features such as ‘Me in 2023,’ revealing Spotify-created characters mirroring users’ listening habits, and ‘Sound Town,’ matching users to cities based on their listening patterns.
- ‘Top 5 Genres’ and ‘Top 5 Artists’ now offer enhanced insights, displaying listening peaks and even video messages from over 40,000 artists.
- The ‘Wrapped Feed’ consolidates everything, from editorial playlists to artist merchandise and nearby concerts.
- Spotify’s AI DJ guides listeners through their personalized Wrapped for the first week after launch.
- ‘Wrapped Blend’ enables users to create shared playlists by combining top songs with friends.